January 26, 2012

Pressing On

As I mentioned in a previous post titled FB Fast I am fasting from Facebook for a total of 20 days. Today, I’m a smidge over half way there- Day 11. It’s not just about removing or sacrificing something from my life; it’s replacing those FB urges with reading the Word or prayer. Most of the time it’s fairly easy except in the down moments of my days like sitting at the laundrymat, lunch break at work or laying in bed trying to fall asleep. It’s during those times that I just want to log in, view my birthday wishes from last week, catch up with my friends, or write some pointless post. But last night when my 10-yr old daughter told me that she’d seen a difference in me since beginning my fast, I was pushed to keep going. When I questioned her as to what’s different, she responded with, “You listen better.” It hit me in the gut and made me hurt for her for all the times she felt like I didn’t listen. It also encouraged me to keep going in my fast and press on. Out of the mouths of babes, they say…..

DISCOVERING: the importance of pressing on
BECOMING: a better listener!

No comments:

Post a Comment