February 15, 2016

When the answer is No



I sit here in a pile of numb. Numbness from the sting of rejection. Rejection of not being qualified enough. Rejection of my dream. As I sit in this muck of numbness with tears streaming down my cheeks I still believe in His will. His perfect will. I know that He knows best. I know there’s a good reason. I also know that sometimes God’s no is hard to swallow. I accept it.  But it hurts.

In my mind, I had it all played out. I was going to leave the corporate world. I was going to leave behind the full time status. I envisioned the daily tasks of this new position. I was ecstatic at the idea of working part time. That meant more time for my family, volunteering, friends, for me. I had the financial plans all laid out to cover my cut in pay. I prayed. I asked others to follow, believe and pray with me. They encouraged me soundly. I interviewed well. Then I waited. I rather enjoyed the waiting part. The hard part of the interview was over, my dream was still alive and there was hope.

Then I got the call. The answer was no. We don’t have a job offer for you. We don’t feel you have the Development experience we need. But appreciate your time. They will post again because nobody met their needs. I could barely muster a thank you at the end of that call.

But I believe in God’s perfect will. Is it a coincidence that on the same day I had this ‘dream job interview’ I also had an interview at another agency with a similar mission? And they said, “When can you start?” before I even stepped out of the room? I think not. Is it a coincidence that a Manager in another department at my current employer reached out to ask if I would support their team? That will give me high visibility for other opportunities within? I think not.

God knows what He’s doing. And I trust His path over mine any day. Believe me, I’ve went down some wrong paths in my day. But every time I follow His way, He blesses and protects it. So, although I sit here in the sludge of rejection and numbness, I bring it to the feet of Jesus because He knows. He identifies. And He comforts. Soon these feelings will pass and I’ll be dreaming a new dream with Him. Father knows best.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Diane. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you thorugh your profile on the blogger and the blog post because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ and the trust that you have in Him. I am truly blessed by your blog post and have been also encouraged by it. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouaeged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poores of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken herted. we also encourege young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your friends circle oor church come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am surer they will have a life changing experience. MY EAMIL ID IS: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. looking forwsard tohear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a crhsit centered rest of the year 2016

    ReplyDelete